I
n anticipation of our baby boy, I have been doing some crafting for the past 10 months. Here are a few projects I have completed, most with links to the free patterns I used. I love free online patterns! First is a simple pair of newborn pants with a little appliqued onesie. My 5 year old selected the fabric for this. It is a soft flannel.
These are some burp cloths I made that claim to be the best burp cloths ever. This remains to be seen as they have not yet
entered the battle field. One side of the cloths are various quilting cotton and flannel fabrics, the other side are jersey knit from upcycled t-shirts or terry cloth. The fabric showing on the top is my 5 year old's original design from a sunflower watercolor painting, fabric printed by Spoonflower. She entered a contest with it and although she didn't win they sent a free fat quarter of her fabric, which made two burp cloths! She also did some of the sewing on these.
Although not muc
h to look at photo-wise, this next one will get a lot of use. It is a nursing cover much like the ones formerly known as hooter-hiders, with stiff opening around neck, but the cover is much larger for better coverage.
I knit two sweaters for b
aby boy, the first two sweaters I have ever knit. I got both patterns off of Ravelry the brown one is the Baby Sophisticate, knit in a cotton/modal blend that is so soft. I made the 6-12 month size, only adjusted the yarn to be worsted instead of aran weight and down one needle size hoping for more like 6 month size. I think it will work. The pattern is a seamless one, which was nice.
The blue is the Baby Kimono in size 0-3 months
knit in Berroco Vintage yarn (wool/acrylic blend), worsted weight. It was my first knitting project that I had to seam together. And while the results of seaming were rather gratifying, I did not really enjoy the whole seaming process.
Lastly for n
ow is a little knit baby hat, that takes me back to my knitting roots, blogged here, here, and here. A simple stockinette hat with rolled brim that has stripes because of frugality, using up whatever yarn was in my stash (same for sleeves of above sweater). The off-white yarn is baby alpaca, I think, while the blue is the same Vintage in sweater above.
No comments:
Post a Comment