I'm catching up through November, now! I didn't go overboard in the crafting area for my daughter's birthday this year, but I did manage to make a thing or two. I made this dress out of a vintage (if 1980's can be considered vintage) Care Bears printed fabric panel pattern that I got from a friend who never made it for her daughter. She loved it, as she does the show. It's definitely not my favorite, but after watching one, she came up with the new year's resolutions of "I will care more", "I will love everybody more", and "I will take care of the world more", so I guess it's not all bad. My little crafter in the making is showing the cute turkey she made for Thanksgiving. I love the food picture tail feathers, and her smirk. Her birthday crown got the addition of a surfboard charm (still yet to be affixed) to remember her 5th birthday!

For her beach themed party she chose the shark cupcakes out of the
Hello, Cupcake book. They required the purchasing of horrific amounts of sugar containing components. But she loved them, as did the guests. (The shark body is a twinkie)

Lastly, for now, my nephew's birthday is also is November and I made a donut shirt for him. He loves donuts! (and thought the shirt was pretty cool too) I found the donut fabric on fabric.com and the pattern is Kai's Shirt from
Weekend Sewing.
You always amaze me with all your projects! I made (well attempted) to make the lion cupcakes out of Hello Cupcake and I ended up with drugged up looking Raggie Andy faces. They were horrible, but Colin loved it.
ReplyDelete