Thursday, October 22, 2009
Praise revelation part two
Related to my recent post about praise, I had another revelation this morning. Worshipping God is such a spirit lifter because that is what we were created to do! So the back story to how this revelation came about is that I discovered a new toy- an autoharp. I know it sounds cheesy, but it's an awesome instrument. It's an instrument anyone with any amount of rhythm and a negligible amount of musical ability can play. I can even sing while playing it which is more than I can say for my guitar or piano skills. I teach 2 year olds at Community Bible Study and we are learning about David. Tomorrow's lesson is about David playing the harp to King Saul to lift his spirits. I've heard my husband had an autoharp at his school so I had him bring it home for me on Monday to show the kids this week. I realized it was horribly out of tune, so I picked up a tuning wrench at Morey's music on Tuesday and learned how to tune it. Then yesterday I looked up YouTube videos of how to play it. (I love YouTube, it taught me how to knit too.) So this morning I'm practicing a couple Psalms (5 & 121) to sing and play for the kids. I realize I haven't had any coffee and though it sounds good I don't really feel the need to drink any. I have lots of energy- even though I went to bed at 11:30 woke up at 5 then again at 6 for good. I would normally be exhausted right now. Then it came to me-that is what I was made for- worshipping God. Duh! And I think that's what I'll be doing for eternity after this earth life is over. It's gonna feel great. My other hope about heaven is that there's a gigantic craft closet. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
LOL...I hope there will be never-ending craft supplies too in heaven!!! What fun we will have together! ;-) I enjoy your uplifting blogs!
ReplyDeletePraise God for Autoharps! It would be a great addition to The Bridge Service (we should talk to Curtis). Its greatness has been tested by many of my former 3rd grade students. I'll have to lug that thing out of the garage...I might have to borrow the tuning wrench.
ReplyDeleteI cannot believe you learned to knit on YouTube. I've seen the gorgeous results, and now have a whole new respect for YouTube.
ReplyDelete