The other quilt I just finished has not yet been photographed and will be presented to my daughter for her 4th birthday present tomorrow morning. I am so excited to show it to her, she has also been so excited to see it. Will photograph and post soon!
Cuts - We've had a couple haircuts at our house. One professional, one amateur. I decided it was time to cut my hair again (for the first time since my last haircut eight months ago). I was inspired to go short by the adorable Nataly Dawn of Pomplamoose Music on YouTube (you won't believe me, but I don't actually spend that much time on youtube - check out their music though, very fun!). I opted for a professional cut this time. I like how it came out, but I'm still figuring out how best to style it with a minimum of labor. I don't have any great pictures of myself yet, but this one that my daughter took will have to suffice.
Which leads to the amateur cut...my daughter walks into my room a couple mornings later with a wad of her hair in her hand exlaiming, "Look mom, I have short hair now, too!" I was scared to look and just covered my eyes. When I got the courage to look, I was thankful it wasn't that bad. But was very sad to have to cut the rest of her hair which had for the first time in her life grown past her shoulders. :( Needless to say from the pictures, she was not happy either. Many tears shed that morning all around.

But tomorrow, there will be no tears. We are headed to the happiest place on earth to celebrate her 4th birthday and spending the night at the Disneyland Hotel! Other birthday crafts to be completed still (yikes, I will be up late tonight!) include her birthday crown (like sister got), and crocheted bobble dress.
Nice quilt Elizabeth, glad you were able to put the material to good use. BTW, one morning at Mommy & Me, I looked across the circle and for a moment caught a glimps of your mom, but when I looked again, it was you. With your hair short you look very similar. Like the haircut. I can't believe Eva is 4, where does the time go?
ReplyDelete