In the crafting realm I've finished the Mendocino Sundress pictured below (after trying to pose several self-taken pictures which were hideous I opted for the headless look.) It was simple and fun to make. I actually never printed out the pattern but just drew it out approximately on the fabric. My favorite part is the pockets! I finished the crocheted stash basket. Although it doesn't quite look like the pattern because I unintentionally improvised when I made a lot of "progress" in the car without the pattern. After visiting the Heartstrings Yarn Studio in Chico and buying some yarn specifically for making the basket I hurriedly finished it off instead of fixing it and began a new one. I am trying to stick to the pattern this time. I made matching skirts and pants for my girls, niece & nephew while they were out. The skirts are adapted from the lazy days skirt which I've made before with a doubled over strip of fabric as the hem instead of the ribbon trim. The pants are the Huck Finn pants from Weekend Sewing by Heather Ross. Both super quick and simple projects. I love how the pants turned out. I think I'll have to make some more of those for other little boys I know.
Wednesday, July 8, 2009
Week Three
We're now in week three of vacation and have had two sets of houseguests. We've been camping in Lake Tahoe, back and forth from Lake Almanor to Chico twice, went to a baseball game, pony rides, went fishing, have been on several hikes and swimming adventures, and have started both girls in their first swim classes. We've also been to several farmers' markets and made lots of good food out of the fresh seasonal produce including apricot chicken, ratatouille and strawberry ice cream.
In the crafting realm I've finished the Mendocino Sundress pictured below (after trying to pose several self-taken pictures which were hideous I opted for the headless look.) It was simple and fun to make. I actually never printed out the pattern but just drew it out approximately on the fabric. My favorite part is the pockets! I finished the crocheted stash basket. Although it doesn't quite look like the pattern because I unintentionally improvised when I made a lot of "progress" in the car without the pattern. After visiting the Heartstrings Yarn Studio in Chico and buying some yarn specifically for making the basket I hurriedly finished it off instead of fixing it and began a new one. I am trying to stick to the pattern this time. I made matching skirts and pants for my girls, niece & nephew while they were out. The skirts are adapted from the lazy days skirt which I've made before with a doubled over strip of fabric as the hem instead of the ribbon trim. The pants are the Huck Finn pants from Weekend Sewing by Heather Ross. Both super quick and simple projects. I love how the pants turned out. I think I'll have to make some more of those for other little boys I know.

In the crafting realm I've finished the Mendocino Sundress pictured below (after trying to pose several self-taken pictures which were hideous I opted for the headless look.) It was simple and fun to make. I actually never printed out the pattern but just drew it out approximately on the fabric. My favorite part is the pockets! I finished the crocheted stash basket. Although it doesn't quite look like the pattern because I unintentionally improvised when I made a lot of "progress" in the car without the pattern. After visiting the Heartstrings Yarn Studio in Chico and buying some yarn specifically for making the basket I hurriedly finished it off instead of fixing it and began a new one. I am trying to stick to the pattern this time. I made matching skirts and pants for my girls, niece & nephew while they were out. The skirts are adapted from the lazy days skirt which I've made before with a doubled over strip of fabric as the hem instead of the ribbon trim. The pants are the Huck Finn pants from Weekend Sewing by Heather Ross. Both super quick and simple projects. I love how the pants turned out. I think I'll have to make some more of those for other little boys I know.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It sounds like you are having a fabulous summer. I am so impressed with all your sewing creations, you are very talented. Hope the rest of your summer goes as well as the beginning!
ReplyDeleteI love the sundress!!
ReplyDelete