Thursday, January 29, 2009

aurelia?

What the heck does aurelia mean, anyway? Besides being a cool-sounding pseudonym, aurelia is a synonym for chrysalis, meaning golden and referring to the pupal stage of butterflies. So those who know me, now get the connection. My recent obsession with monarch butterflies has been a life-changing experience for me and the theme of metamorphosis and change is one that will never become outdated. I hope that I am always changing and becoming a more beautiful creation. Now, why am I creating a blog, like everyone else? I am very inspired by reading other blogs, especially crafty ones, and want to have a place where my creative outlets and life experiences can be collected and stored. More for me than for anyone else, so I have proof that I actually get to do things that I like occasionally. Unfortunately, I am sure my bookkeeping work will suffer as this is adding one more thing to take up my computer time. But I am hoping it will inspire me to follow through with more creative projects. By the way, I saw a cool show about monarchs on PBS the other night, thanks to my sister-in-law. They are amazing creatures! Make sure to check your local cable listings.

1 comment:

  1. YAY! I love that you started a blog. I look forward to your thoughts and seeing you creativity!!

    ReplyDelete