Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Projects since Christmas


I'm catching up on posting all the projects that I completed and have pictures of to date. I may take a couple posts to do this. I'll start with knitting.

I knit this "Who?" owl hat for my mother in law who has great horned owls that come visit her trees at home. I used Berroco Vintage Wool and knit this hat in two days - on Thanksgiving day and the day after while I was very sick in bed. This was my fastest knitting project ever.


Followed by my slowest project to date. This scarf was knit for my brother in law and took way longer and way more yarn than I anticipated (I had to go back to the store twice). I pray for each person as I knit their gifts so he ended up getting the most prayers of all my Christmas giftees. I used Berroco Jasper and I loved the yarn. It is 100% Fine Merino Wool and feels very soft. I was very happy with how it came out although it did not photograph well. The pattern is "Extra Warm Men's Scarf".



Then for my husband's sanity I gave up crafting for the month of January. My first project in February was this pair of socks for my younger daughter. It was my first attempt at socks and it was really fun. I got the pattern from the book Vintage Baby Knits- the Frankie Striped sock pattern. Although I left out the stripes since my yarn did its own pattern. My daughter picked out the color she wanted- it's Heart and Sole sock yarn in Green Envy. I'm working on my second pair of socks now-adult anklet socks.

Will catch up on more later, aforementioned daughter is crying for my attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment