Pictured below is the family in Upper Bidwell Park at a waterfall hiking down to a swimming hole, our little rock climber, and my 3 latest finished projects detailed below:
Appliqued owl inspired by Amazing Mae. The pants are the Huck Finn pants I made before here from Weekend Sewing by Heather Ross. This outfit is for a special little boy (I am starting on Christmas already, I am so impressed with myself). I couldn't pass up the argyle print when I saw it at Honey Run Quilters - but it may be a little over-the-top. Good thing the pants are so easy to sew up- I won't be crushed if they don't get worn.
My first real Stash Basket from The Purl Bee. I love the colors - though they don't come across great in the photo. As I was crocheting in the car on the way up to Lake Almanor my husband noticed that it was all the colors of the forest surrounding us. Love it! Now all I need is an actual stash of yarn to fill up my stash basket. My measly two full skeins and about 3 partial ones required the bear to help fill it up. I'm contemplating the adorable bobble dress as a future project, but I better catch up with my other list a little first.
Finally my pretty sad little second attempt at the butterfly hat is probably not worth picturing but I hope to fix it so maybe my end product will be a little more impressive ?? I still don't have the hang of adapting crochet patterns. This hat fits my husband as well as my three year old so I'll have to take out about 6-8 rows and try again.
No comments:
Post a Comment