Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter

So I was about to post my Easter pictures and caught up on the last few days of the blogs I'm following, and felt a little convicted by one. Which is awesome, and you should definitely read here. And in case you still haven't read it here's one more chance.

Dang, I totally bought into it. (if you don't understand go back and read the aforementioned blog.) Well at least the fancy dress part...ok, and we did have a basket of goodies for my 3 year old. But included in that was a book about the true Easter story which we read together- and have been talking about for the last couple weeks. If you ask her what Easter is about, she will have the right answer! I am truly grateful for what He has done for me and got choked up today more than once thinking about Jesus' voluntary and sacrificial death. The death he died for me and all the rotten things I have done and will do. The death which could not hold him, but which he overcame by His resurrection. So while I did kind of get caught up in the hoopla, the real meaning of Easter is not lost on me, and is still at the forefront.

And I figure, if I am going to sit for hours in front of the sewing maching might as well use the outfits for something special -like the celebration of the most significant, mind-boggling, loving act in all of history.

So now that I feel like I've rationalized myself somewhat....

Below is the dress I made (and adjusted several times-because I had no pattern) for my 3 year old. Then on a whim one night/morning (I went to bed at 3) I made a skirt for myself using the Sew What! Skirts book my friend loaned me. I don't really have any good pictures of it, but that's ok, because I don't think it came out very flattering. I made it with a drawstring, and the next skirt I make will be more fitted at the waist with a zipper closure instead.







2 comments:

  1. Elizabeth- your dresses were so beautiful! and all you girls looked great in them.
    I am always so impressed with your skills :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elizabeth, I am totally impressed with all your skills, sewing for your children, sewing for yourself, cute cupcakes, all the cute gifts you have made! I eagerly await to see what is coming next. I love the material choices in the Easter outfits.

    ReplyDelete